BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bubble hair girl

Today was another really great day. I got another irrigation pump started and also got a few cows moved to places they needed to be. It was mostly windy once again but the temperature was not too bad.



I am taking today to wish my oldest daughter Amanda a Happy 23 rd Birthday. Amanda was 7 years old we came into each others life. We have both grown a lot as people because of each other. She is now a grown woman and both her mother and I feel old whenever we see her. Amanda has always been the quiet shy child but has her own way of being free spirited and independent.



I sometimes marvel at the way Amanda lives life day to day with what seems to me a no worries or concerns about the future. Admittedly, this sometimes makes me terribly jealous of her ability to live in such and unconcerned manner yet at the same time it drives me nuts as well. I will say she has come a long way from the kid who had to have her hair just so or she would scream out, “I have a bubble in my hair!” Amanda lives close by and after some college is working in retail and we certainly miss having her around the house on a regular basis. Happy Birthday sweetie and may all your dreams come true.



I do have to tell one story about Amanda. She was about 9 and was looking at a jellyfish on the beach. She exclaimed, “Look at its testicles!” (tentacles) Sorry Manda I could not resist.

I am really beat tonight after two really long but productive days so I am going to cut this short. Hope you all had a great day as well.



Today’s real environmentalist species found on the ranch is the Barrows goldeneye aka Bucephala islandica.

Today’s picture is a video of calf 0514w acting like a big stud to a irrigation riser.

0 comments: